Endodontics is a unique branch of dentistry that deals with dental pulp, tissues, and surrounding roots of the teeth. An endodontist performs all the routine activities as well as complex endodontic procedures that include root canal treatment, surgery, and even more special procedures to save teeth from traumatic dental injuries. Usually, the dentists undergo some special training in endodontic diagnosis and therapy. Endodontic specialists determine the best way to preserve tooth function.
Apart from the traditional endodontic treatment style, there are more and more recent technologies and dental equipment that improve the success rate of endodontic procedures. Before achieving a perfect shaping, it’s essential to obtain the proper endodontic access.
Check out the top secrets on successful endodontic procedures,
- Initially, start with the sensibility test. Endofrost is a less expensive option compared to Ethyl Chloride. Few endodontic techniques include both end frost and electric pulp tester to confirm negative results.
- While identifying the cracked tooth, use a tooth sleuth. Tooth sleuth exerts pressure and concentrates on one cusp of a cracked tooth. Test one at a time in the endodontic treatment and pain should be released in case of a crack.
- Success in endodontics requires magnification and illumination. So, invest a pair of loupes with a light.
- Isolation is something essential in endodontics, use a clamp with ridged edges and ensure that it has at least four points of engagement around the teeth. Isolate anterior teeth with the help of butterfly clamp. Clamp sounds beneficial over widgets.
- Access is a real success! Shapes of access cavity in endodontics make the preparation of root canals easier. The access cavity should be large enough to achieve direct line access.
If you are interested to shop endodontic treatment products online, then check: Buy Endodontic Products Online
- Get access to remove the entire roof of the pulp chamber in endodontic treatment rather than finding the canals. While removing the roof of the pulp chamber, it allows the successful location of canal orifices. Check for the complete removal of the pulp chamber, check overhangs of pulp using the probe. Incomplete removal may influence the success rate of endodontic procedure.
- Tungsten carbide tips are recommended when accessing or refining. This helps you to cut and see at the same time rather than use a huge handpiece.
- Check out the exact canal position for improved success in endodontics. Canals are usually located on the floor and wall of the pulp chamber. Endodontist usually searches for canals straight down, but using a probe at 45 degrees allows exact canal positioning.
- Apex locator is a tool that helps to identify whether you’re in the canal or outside the canal. Use of apex locators prevents false readings. Most of the endodontic techniques require such tools to complete the procedure. Get these tools from leading online distributors. This assures right product with great quality.
- Endodontic instrumentation is not just enough to remove the bacteria and debris from the canal. So, choose the frequently used irrigants sodium hypochlorite. This irrigants dissolve necrotic tissues and kill bacteria effectively. Use a surgical suction tip in this endodontic procedure, which allows better visualization and better aspiration.
- While preparing in endodontic treatment, make sure to clean the flutes of rotary or hand files. The clogged up flutes reduce the efficiency of the treatment. Clean the flutes by poking into endo sponge or any such sensible method.
- EDTA is a helpful lubricant in the endodontic procedure, but experts recommend its usage in selected cases. Endodontist prefers liquid rather than paste as dentine chips tend to get suspended in the paste. EDTA used with surfactant acts as an anti-bacterial.
- When obturating, twist the finger spreaders to prevent GP points from advancing coronally. Ensure that GP tips are not folded apically or else it leads to short obturation.
- Temporization is important in endodontic treatment; this ensures a good seal between appointments. Endodontist usually uses a huge piece of cotton pledget, this may result in the loss of temporary. So, the size of cotton pledget should be small like a tiny ball over each orifice. Few dentists also use cavity overlaid with GIC to assure a better seal.
In summary, it’s essential to gain experience after each endodontic procedure. Get the right set of tools from leading online dental products distributors to achieve perfection in your endodontic treatments. It all comes down after years of practice. The more endodontics you do, you achieve great recognition among your patients.